ANTHONY CONTI ROOFING LLC - ROOF REPAIR EXPERTS
RSS

Recent Posts

Signals your roof is failing
Conti roofing
shingles
Are asphalt shingle right for my house?
Clay tile installation

Categories

Asphalt shingles
High winds
HURRICANE SEASON
repair or replace
roof leaks
ROOF PITCH
ROOFING REPAIR
signals your roof is failing
powered by

My Blog

3 TIPS FOR FINDING ROOF LEAKS

The smallest roof leak can cause considerable damage to your home when left untreated. Water can invade a roof due to missing shingles and flashing, rotten decking and gaps around skylights and the chimney. The best way to prevent a roof leak is to routinely inspect your property, especially after a storm.
The following tips can help you locate roof leaks before they get out of hand.
After the storm
Storms are one of the leading causes of roof damage. After a major storm passes, go outside and inspect your home and property. Look for shingles in your yard that might have blown off due to high winds. If you have asphalt shingles, check your downspouts for deposits of granules. They often get knocked off during hail storms and then collect in the gutter system and downspouts.
Check the attic
Take a flashlight into the attic when it's raining. Since water reflects light, you can shine the flashlight to check for falling water. If you notice any water, mark the spot so that you can follow through with repairs.
Inspect your ceiling
When a roof leaks, water often collects on your ceiling. If you notice any brown or yellow stains on your ceiling, you have a roof leak.
e.

16 Comments to 3 TIPS FOR FINDING ROOF LEAKS:

Comments RSS
RV Roof Leaks Repair coatings on Thursday, March 07, 2013 5:26 AM
Your posting is really helpful to inspect the roof leaks. i also use your method to inspect the roof leaks and get the desired result. one thing i want to share with you that i used EPDM rubber coatings for repairing the roof leaks and found it very impressive. Thanks a lot

Hector Handyman on Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:23 AM
Aloha, it turned out to be the most brilliant journey for me when I checked out this website. I hope you don't mind if I praise you upon the excellent quality of the work you have done here and to send you the best of luck with it as you advance down the road. It was nice to view this blog and I will definitely be dropping by again before long to discover precisely how you are doing. Take care and I shall see you here again soon - Hector Handyman

academic writing services on Monday, June 25, 2018 2:02 AM
Leaky Roof is really annoying. Leaks or the roof can be easily noticed. If you have water stains that extends across the ceiling or on the walls, probably these stains are caused by a leaky roof. There are different kind of materials that we can choose in building a rooftop. And these materials have their own distinct lifespans. Some of these materials like slate or tile roofs can last for almost 5 decades. While others like asphalt shingle/composition roofs can only last about 20 years. But if we take for granted these roof leak issues, the lifespans of our rooftop can be shortened. And this will cause us greater expenses just for repairing.

edubirdie.com on Wednesday, November 07, 2018 10:13 PM
I live in an area where storms or severe rains are pretty common. My house is not newly built. A lot of repairs and restoration have been done to it. It is an old house, so my husband is very strict when it comes to inspecting our roof especially after a heavy rain. It is cheaper in the long run to be proactive rather than let a small problem become big. Even a tiny roof leak can damage your ceiling. It is important to pay attention to any leak in your house because you have to watch out for molds or termites. You're in for a major repair once molds set in or termites set up camp in your home. Your house is a big investment. Take care of it.

Liquid Roof Coating on Monday, August 26, 2013 2:46 AM
determining the place of wheres your roof leaks is a difficult task thanks for sharing this lovely post this is awesome.

Liquid roof Coatings on Monday, August 26, 2013 5:25 AM
Great its really an important thing to inspect your roof on yearly basis to avoid massive damages.

Bristolite Daylighting Systems on Monday, August 04, 2014 1:10 PM
Install proper ventilation, one of the most important ways to extend the life of your roof. “Cracking and curling of the shingles is a sign the roof requires better ventilation.

Roof coatings on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:04 AM
You are right that negligence is the only reason of many of the roof leaks scene. and event the smallest leak can cause the biggest damages. Thanks for sharing.

Liquid Rubber Coating on Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:54 AM
Great site great information i like it, it helped me lot thanks for sharing.

water damage los angeles on Friday, September 27, 2013 3:38 PM
Seems to me quite effective tips! Although I have not used this but hopefully I will get benefit if I use this tips for finding leaks and definitely I will implement this tips as early as possible. Thanks

asphalt shingles on Wednesday, October 02, 2013 1:51 AM
Here provided 3 tips are really very sound to findout roof leak and hopefully I'm very much benefited by getting this 3 tips and would like to know more about these tips. Thanks

Continue on Saturday, October 04, 2014 12:15 PM
Great post! This is an interesting read. It's very useful and informative information for me. Thanks for sharing this useful information.

chimney sweep surrey on Friday, January 13, 2017 4:28 AM
It was great to see someone write on this topic. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Ninja Essays on Sunday, December 10, 2017 7:58 AM
Rook leaking is big problem which are facing by people in rainy weather. Now people can get useful tips for the solution of this problem. They can repair their roofs also. They need to check their roofs after storms and can check the attic also for falling water.

Joe Braxton on Friday, January 19, 2018 1:07 AM
Thanks for explaining process to check roof leak and damage. I really need it to reconstruct my roof as it is badly constructed.

Jeffrey K. Boyd on Friday, May 11, 2018 5:51 AM
I totally agree with your post. I'll apply it whenever I have the chance. It's best to replace or check the roof problems to avoid major damage.